Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's Hot And I'm Lazy, And I'm Rambling




It's a very still, hot, lazy day here in good ol Cali. The fires are raging just north of me in Santa Barbara. The pictures are horrendous! Beautiful homes, the lives of so many disrupted and changed forever. I can't imagine everything gone in a matter of minutes. Possesions, history, your safe place burned to the ground. I will be saying prayers for all those families who no longer have a place to call home.

I am lazy today. I have no air conditioning in my house, but at least I have a house. I am slowly getting ready for my class tonight. I am going to introduce my students to pastels! I love pastels!! One of my fav mediums really. So smooth and so immediate.

I have also done more work of my own. I am involved in Gary Reef's "Painting A Day For 30 Days" project on his Ning site. Day #7 and I did finish it. I'm not sure I like it so I may play with it a bit more till I do. It needs something, but like I said, I am being very lazy today and I'm in no hurry to fix it, so there! :)

You know what I need?..........A power nap. I'm going to go take a power nap! A nice refreshing rest so I will be bright eyed and bushy tailed for my students tonight! I think I may even get myself a nice tall, cold glass of chocolate soy milk first. Anyone out there drink Silk Chocolate Soy? I am sooo addicted to it, it's yummy. Soy is supposed to be good for all of us maturing women. Who knows, all I know is that I love it. Finally something that is supposedly good for you that actually TASTES good too! Ok. Well I'm heading towards the kitchen, have a great afternoon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment